Do you suffer with mouth ulcers? Or denture sores? Perhaps you have a young child suffering through teething. We all know the pain and discomfort caused by having a sore mouth. No doubt you’ve tried various remedies, but found them to be ineffective. This is often because of their formulation. Without something sticky, which adheres to the oral mucosa (the lining of the mouth), many oral gels simply wash away shortly after application.
This is where BeeVital’s B-Gel comes into its own.
Our not-so-secret ingredient is propolis. Propolis is a sticky substance produced by honeybees from plant and tree resins. Combined with a water-based gel and fresh mint taste, B-Gel is the ultimate oral gel.
Propolis is Sticky – Perfect for an Oral Gel
Bees make propolis by combining plant and tree resins with wax. It becomes incredibly sticky and is used to line the hive and protect the colony from infection. In a natural hive, within a tree trunk for example, the bees coat the entirety of the inside of the hive with propolis. In commercial beehives the bees use it to block up holes, or build intricate structures. They also use it to strengthen cells in the honeycomb which results in an incredibly strong structure. Honeycomb is capable of holding many kilos of honey – far heavier than the weight of the structure itself.
We use Water-Soluble Propolis in our B-Gel, which is a refined propolis liquid. Despite having the wax removed, propolis retains its stickyness – making it the ideal ingredient for an oral gel. Propolis sticks to the oral mucosa, providing targeted relief from pain and discomfort.
Propolis is Anti-Inflammatory & Analgesic
Inflammation can be caused for all kinds of reasons. Generally it is the body’s response to some kind of trauma. In the mouth inflammation can occur for a number of reasons. These include:
- Mouth ulcers
- Cuts or burns from hot food
- Dental surgery
- Sores caused by dentures
- Sore throats caused by bacteria or viruses
Alongside anti-inflammatory properties, propolis is also known to be analgesic. This means it can provide targeted pain relief, especially when applied topically directly to the source of the discomfort.
Applying a pea-sized amount of B-Gel to an inflammed area can bring immediate relief. Use B-Gel to bring immediate and lasting relieft from pain and discomfort. It can even be used with children and toddlers suffering from teething pains. B-Gel has a mild taste which is more palatable than those of other oral gels.
Propolis is Antibacterial and Antiviral
Sometimes it can be difficult or painful to brush our teeth and keep our mouths as clean as we would like. This could be due to pain caused by dental surgery, for example. Because propolis is antibacterial and antiviral it can be used to keep the oral cavity free from infection.
Use propolis to bring soothing anti-inflammatory relief to sore throats whilst also keeping bacteria at bay.
A Natural Oral Gel
As national and global health issues continue to pose a threat to our wellbeing, more and more people are taking a more proactive approach to staying healthy.
And for many people that means embracing natural alternatives to regular pharmaceutical products. At BeeVital we’ve dedicated the last 20 years to researching propolis. We believe it is the medicine of the future.
B-Gel is a unique product. It beings the natural healing power of propolis to the bathroom – a convenient and easy to use oral gel for all ages. Use it as required throughout the day to bring lasting targeted relief from pain and discomfort.
Part of our Oral Health Range
Our oral hygiene range maximises the many natural health benefits of propolis.
BeeVital Propolis and Lemon Toothpaste is a fantastic option for those looking for a flouride free alternative. It has a mild citrus flavour which is great for those who find the strong mint flavours too intense.
To maximise your oral hygiene, we also recommend using our Propolis Mouthwash. Try using it at a different time of day from when you brush your teeth – in order to maximise the efficacy of both products. Again, our Propolis Mouthwash has a mild flavour, it’s also alcohol free.
- Mouth ulcers are a common oral health complaint, with up to 25% of the worldwide population suffering from recurrent oral ulcers.
- Denture sores are a frequent problem for people who use false teeth – these can be very painful and cause lasting damage if left untreated.
- Teething can be very uncomfortable, especially for young children, but BeeVital B-Gel can bring fast, effective relief from pain and inflammation.
- 25% of the population suffer with recurrent mouth ulcers, ulcers are often a sign of a weakened immune system, perhaps as a result of a cold or virus [source].
- 15% of UK population use dentures (or false teeth), a further 10% use a bridge or implant to replace missing teeth – all of these can be a source of irritation and discomfort [source].
- B-Gel is an oral gel which contains propolis – a natural substance produced by honeybees which has anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties.
- “B-Gel has been specially formulated to provide fast-acting pain relief from oral inflammation. It’s easy to apply and tastes great too!”
Nature’s Laboratory Ltd